Sunday, August 1, 2010

STand By Your Dad



A long time ago, i read a piece that went something like this :

At age of 5, daddy knows everything
At age of 10,daddy knows a lot
At age of 15,daddy knows nothing
At age of 25,daddy knows a little bit
At age of 35,daddy knows a lot
At age of 45,i wish i could ask my dad. He knew everything

I was amused by the irony of it and how true that cycle could be.It;s interesting to note that while our perception towards our father may change over time,their perception of us doesnt seem to change much at all.

When we are five, we're their children. When we're 45,we're still their children and perhaps a daddy for our children.

I'm an adult now and my father has changed very little in the way he treats me.Although we seldom chat but i know you are there trying to smoothern,iron out the rough edges to ensure i'm safe,comfortable and happy.

There are times where i feel i know better. The older i grow, the less smart my father becomes. Does he? In fact, he is just way smarter to make me feel that i'm smarter than him.

2 comments: